Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pomegranite

Pomegranate  6 x 6  Oil on Linen


I just love the rich reds of pomegranates. They are such a paintable fruit. I'm not sure I like the background, I'm thinking of darkening it. What do you think? Would a darker background improve this little painting?  I'm currently working on some small pieces for the upcoming Small Works Shows, of which there are many around the Christmas season. This is the first of them. 

BTW I've forgotten to tell you that I entered the Daily Paintworks Challenge for the Children of Africa a while back. I'm really pleased to say that my painting sold, and I will be making the donation to the Canadian Red Cross in the next few days.
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Claire! Since you asked, I think darkening the background would make the painting more dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Claire,
    beautiful picture, I like still lifes with fruit, pomegranates(romãs, in portugues) and think beautiful!
    a hug

    ReplyDelete