Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Website and New Show!

Morning Calm  Acrylic  16 x 20

Happy New Year! I always start the New Year by analyzing the past year, and planning for the new year to come. One of my goals for 2010 was to get a new website. I did it! Okay I left it to the last possible moment.... between Christmas and New Years I had the time to sit down at the computer for two days and I can now be found at www.clairechristinelfineart.com . Please take a moment to check out my site and let know what you think. There is still a lot of work to be done, but I've got the bones of it together and it was really fun to create. I went with FASO, recommended by fellow blogger Carrie Waller and I have to say that I'm really impressed with their product and their service is amazing! 

Another exciting thing that happened for me this year is that I started teaching still life painting classes in acrylics. That has been a very fun experience and also a huge learning experience. When we paint it's often very intuitive, and to teach you have to stop and think about each step and why. I learned all sorts of things about my process that I'd never really analyzed or put into words before.

I had some great experiences in shows and events throughout the year. One of the things that I realize is that with each great art experience I meet new artist friends. And it's those artist friend connections that make this industry such a rewarding place. The same is true of my blogging friends. The caring, sharing, support and enthusiasm is so rich in the art blogging world. We spend so much alone time when we're painting, but we go online and discover friends internationally. So I want to thank you all for visiting my blog and extending your kindness toward me, and becoming a cherished friend.

My first show of the year is at the Oak Bay Marina Cafe. Because it's on the water and surrounded by boats, I decided to show mostly west coast seascapes and boating paintings. The above painting is part of the show. If you are in Victoria and out for a seaside walk, drop into the Marina Cafe to warm up and enjoy my show!

Share/Bookmark

7 comments:

  1. Claire, I love the painting! And your website is so good! It looks totally professional and the background color really showcases your art. I admire how you've established yourself as a working artist in the area. I want to do that someday, and I'm looking to people like you for my inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful seascape, Claire! I so envy you for your closeness to the sea. Your new website looks absolutely fantastic! Congratulations on all the wonderful things that moved you forward in 2011. I tend to be subdued at the time of year and making a list of all the good in the past year is an idea I need to steal from you. And congratulations on your upcoming show . . . I wish you many red dots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire, your website is very impressive!! I really love it!. Maybe someday, I'll change my blog a bit...but I usually get stuck where I am! My Nephew helped me start my blog since I wasn't very good with the computer..I'm getting a little better now.... I love "Morning Calm". and I hope your show is a great success..!(I'm sure it will be!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you handled the water. Your website is well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Katherine, Lorraine, Hilda and Pam. I'm so excited about my new website so it's great to get positive feedback from you. As I said in my post the blogging world is so caring and encouraging, and once again you've come through for me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Claire,
    beautiful painting!
    A hug

    ReplyDelete