Thursday, May 31, 2012

Plein Air


This past weekend my painting buddy Sharon and I  managed to get in a bit of plein air painting by the seaside in Oak Bay. It was our first time out this season, and of course I forgot a few necessities, like my garden gloves that I use to paint. But the funniest was that I didn't have my usual paint colours, and I realized that I was using someone else's palette. I had brought a box of paints that had been suggested by an instructor for a workshop I took a while back.
 

This scene is just a few hundred yards from the Oak Bay Marina Coffee House, where I will be setting up my still life show tomorrow morning. It will be running the whole month of June, so if you live in the area and are out for a walk along the beach front, drop by for a coffee or bite to eat and enjoy the show! 


This is a Mexican inspired painting that will featured in the show. There will be 7 or 8 other Still Life paintings as well.



Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

  1. It looks like such a nice day for plein air painting, Claire!! Your paintings would always be perfectly painted no matter what color palette you use....and I love the colors of this Mexican still life!!! The best of luck with your show..I know it will be a success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilda, that's a lovely compliment. Thanks also for good wishes with my show. It's a very happening spot, so I'm excited to be there.

      Delete
  2. Love the beautiful and bright colors! Wish I could see your show. I know it is full of wonderful paintings! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. I really appreciate your kind wishes.

      Delete
  3. This still-life is just gorgeous! The colors are so clean and bright it makes me happy like I'm bathed in light. Also enjoyed seeing your step by steps and how you develop the paintings. They just get richer as you go. Good luck with your show—wish you lots of red dots!

    ReplyDelete