Monday, October 7, 2013

More Cooking with Colour

More Cooking with Colour  Oil  SOLD

These little Mexican themed still life paintings have been very popular, so I'm hoping to get a few more done in the next little while. This is the most recent Mexican piece that I've completed. I love the vibrant colours and patterns, and I guess that's what draws people to them.

I was very busy over the summer, going to Vancouver to visit my elderly parents. Unfortunately, at the end of the summer, my dad became very ill and passed away at the age of 90. He lived a very full and happy life and was a devoted family man, who adored his wife, children and grandchildren. We all miss him very much. He was always so pleased with my paintings and enjoyed seeing everything new that I'd completed. Now as I slowly start getting back into painting, I'll be thinking of him and his beautiful smile and I'll try to put some of that goodness into my work.



Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. Bonjour ma chère Claire,

    Je suis désolée d'apprendre cette mauvaise nouvelle. Je vous présente mes très sincères condoléances...
    Je suis certaine que votre papa aurait aimé cette dernière peinture, qui à juste titre est vendue...
    Il vous manque très certainement beaucoup mais je suis sûre qu'il vous apportera par la pensée une belle énergie dans vos prochaines peintures.

    Cette dernière est remplie de couleurs explosives, tout comme j'aime.

    Gros bisous à vous chère amie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Martine,

      Thank you so much for your very kind thoughts. You are an artist of the written word as well as an artist of the brush. You always word things so beautifully. I appreciate your kindness.
      Bisous Claire

      Delete
  2. Claire, I am so sorry for the loss of your Dad! I still think of my Dad everyday and especially when I paint .. he enjoyed seeing my work, just like your Dad.
    I absolutely love this painting ...the colors are so rich and the reflections are so perfectly painted... Again, my sincere sympathy to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Hilda, thank you so much for your kindness. I remember when your dad passed and you posted a beautiful portrait of him. We both had very special fathers in our lives and we're better people for having shared their love. Thanks so much for your thoughts.

      Delete