Tuesday, July 21, 2015

TD Art Gallery Paint In and Small Works Show


Bowl of Cherries  Oil  8 x 8  Available at the Art Gallery of Greater Victoria's Summer Small Works Show

This past weekend was the Annual TD Art Gallery Paint In, the years biggest and most exciting art event in Victoria BC, Canada. This one day event covers about 1 kilometer of street, filled with artists on both sides, showing and demonstrating their work. About 140 artists were out painting, sculpting, creating pottery, mosaics and printmaking to name a few. This year I did not apply and loved being part of the public! I was able to visit all my friends, have a chat, enjoy the art and thread my way through the crowd. About 30,000 people took in the show. Below are some of my friends with their beautiful art and the last photo is the amazing throng of art enthusiasts.








...and the AMAZING crowd!!! Victoria loves it's art!


Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. Your still life painting is beautiful! The cherries and glass looks very realistic! And I've never seen such a crowd of people!!! It looks like such a successful day!! Believe it or not I went to an acupuncturist ....and she gave me a laser treatment.... Everyday I feel better!! Looking forward to your next piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Hilda, glad you like it! Yes the crowd is absolutely unreal, and it's like that every year, rain or shine. That's wonderful news that the acupuncturist is helping! Good luck for a speedy and full recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your painting is beautiful! What a wonderful event. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete