Tuesday, October 5, 2010

From the Garden

Original Acrylic Painting  24 x 24  $800 s/h
Please contact me for a shipping quote

This painting was inspired by my time living in the Southwest of France. The people of France live the Zero Mile Diet. They eat locally and seasonally and revel in their amazing regional dishes. 'From the Garden' reminds me of times visiting a relative of my husband, who had a huge vegetable garden and an orchard in the back yard. We literally picked artichokes and peppers as robust as this for dinner. This painting is currently part of the Federation of Canadian Artists Fall Show, at the Community Arts Council Gallery in Victoria BC. If you're in the area do drop in as there are many beautiful paintings to enjoy.






Share/Bookmark

6 comments:

  1. Magnifique et irrésistible peinture ma très chère Claire! Comment ne pas craquer devant ça!!!
    Tout ce que j'aime...
    J'apprécie particulièrement la fraîcheur avec laquelle vous parvenez avec talent à donner une âme à vos natures "mortes" qui n'en sont pas... Vous leur apportez leur couleurs originelles et la lumière qui les fait briller rend votre peinture à une grande hauteur.
    Lorsque j'ai découvert ce matin cette nouvelle oeuvre, j'ai énormément souri car hier soir à l'atelier je viens d'achever un croquis pour ma prochaine peinture et dans celui-ci se trouve des artichauts!!! Nous étions sur la même longueur d'onde...
    Je vous embrasse affectueusement,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avery beautfiul painting and an interesting post to go with it thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful painting and interesting composition. I like how the colander is cropped on the left and the shadow is cropped on the right!

    And I also love that you told the story along with your painting. I find that the blogs of people who post their painting with no comments are less interesting to me. And I love your description of the Zero Mile Diet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is always so crisp and refreshing. They brighten my mood when I look at them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Martine, Ralph, Virgina and Kathrine for your very encouraging comments. I'm so pleased that you enjoy the light and composition as I work hard on those aspects of my paintings. Thanks very much for visiting and for taking the time to comment. Claire

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this arrangement in the colander, and the holes it casts into the shadows. Beautiful use of color all around!

    ReplyDelete