Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sweet Treat

Original Oil on Linen 8 x 8



I had so much fun with the first painting of Bartlett pears that I decided to do another. I'm pleased with the glow again, and prefer the looseness of the brushstrokes in this one.


Tonight I'm going to the Artists' Reception for the CNIB Eye Appeal Art Fundraiser, at Crystal Garden. I donated a painting to this worthy cause. As visual artists it's hard to imagine a life with either limited or no sight. I hope the fundraiser is a great success. The artists' event will be an entertaining evening, chatting with many of Victoria's artists.










Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! All the colors blend and balance each other so nicely. Your work always creates such a pleasant, calm feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so nice of you to donate your painting to such a wonderful cause! You're so right Claire..it is so hard to imagine life without our sight! This painting is so beautifully painted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great rendering of these pears! I can just about feel the juice dripping down my chin. :)

    I stumbled across your blog while looking for something else (isn't that usually the way with the internet?), but now I'm going to spend some time here and poke around. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kathrine, Hilda and Nicole, I really appreciate you visiting and taking the time to comment. You blogging friends are what makes blogging such a worthwhile endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Claire,
    I enjoyed your recent posts: the beautiful pears, the exhibition of paintings, inside with paintings on the wall ...
    You seem quite happy and this is very good!
    Congratulations and a hug from Brazil

    ReplyDelete