Monday, September 12, 2011

Help the Children - Aid for Africa

Just Desserts  Oil on Linen  6 x 6
To purchase this painting click here.

Proceeds from the sale of this painting will go directly to the Canadian Red Cross Aid for Africa Fund. I thought this painting of simple apples, the biblical fruit, something that many of us eat as dessert, was a good choice for this Daily Paintworks Help the Children Challenge. I hope these apples tempt you into purchasing for a good cause. 

The UN estimates that up to 400,000 children in the Horn of Africa could die if they do not receive aid, and up to 11 milllion people need food assistance at this time. I have donated this painting to the aid effort and invite you to place a bid and help make a difference. Click HERE for "Help the Children of Africa" online auction, and place your bids! The bidding will continue for 7 days and payment will be made through Paypal. It's so easy!



Share/Bookmark

7 comments:

  1. Hello Claire,
    Very,very beautiful painting, roses and greens!
    congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire
    Beautiful palette and composition!
    And so generous of you to do this!!
    Steven

    ReplyDelete
  3. Je rentre de Normandie, pays de la pomme et du cidre... Je suis heureuse de te retrouver. Très jolie oeuvre... et bravo pour ta grande générosité.
    gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much Antonio, Steven and Martine. I'm pleased to donate this small painting and feel that I've done something to help the thousands in need of food. thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Claire,

    Congratulations for this beautiful painting, and I think it's very generous of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claire,

    Thanks a lot for try to read and understand my stories. The traduction of the translator is very poor and sometimes is wrong in the meaning. If my English were better, I could translate the stories by myself, and other people from others country could read it, but at the moment is a little difficult for me. I hope do it some day!!

    ReplyDelete