Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Federation of Canadian Artists - Spring Show 2017



Spring     20 x 16     Acrylic
Available through the Community Arts Council Gallery

Here is another piece from my series on painting the effect of glass. Although representational, there are many abstract passages, due to reflection and refraction, and the transparent nature of the glass. In the middle of the painting, during the ugly stage, I questioned why I chose this composition, but by the end I found it hugely satisfying! I was so pleased to have this painting and the one from my previous post 'Time to Reflect', accepted into the FCA Spring Show.



The show is hung, open to the public, and receiving great reviews. If you're in the area I hope you'll be able to drop by and enjoy the beautiful and varied work by many of Victoria's favourite artists. 

Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Claire. The glass is painted perfectly, the flowers and shadows....all outstanding...!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilda, Thank you so much, I really appreciate your encouraging comments.

      Delete
  2. Clair, this is beautiful! Of course it was accepted!!
    Steven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steven, thanks very much for your kind comment. :-)

      Delete