Thursday, June 8, 2017

Opus Framing and Art Supplies - Visiting Artists Demonstrations


The Golden Hour    Acrylic    30 x 30

If you've ever wondered how to paint the transparency, distortions and refraction found in glass, and the extreme values and reflections found in silver, I will be doing a free demonstration at Opus this Saturday, June 10th. You can chose either 12:00 - 1:30 or 2:30 - 4:00. Bring an artist friend and have fun! Book your spot by calling Opus at 250 386-8133

Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Claire!!!!!! My eyes take me all over the canvas. Glorious colors...perfection on the drapery! I SO wish I can make the demo!!!! Enjoy..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilda, thanks so much for your lovely comment. My demo went well and I really enjoyed the participants and their interest in my process.

      Delete
  2. Yes, truly the "Golden Hour" in this-so beautifully captured! What a wonderful handling of the medium creating this image and moment in time.
    Steven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steven, thanks so much for your kind comment. Your appreciation of the concept behind this painting means a lot to me. I had some harsh comments in a critique session a while back, and after feeling low, I pulled it out, made a few changes and decided to put it out there. Your comment lifted my spirits!

      Delete