Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Stir It Up! - Opening Night


Last Thursday evening was the opening of Stir It Up! a group art show and sale of the works of twelve Oak Bay artists, including myself, at the Community Arts Council Gallery in Victoria BC. There were paintings in all mediums and styles, hand pulled prints, fabric art, porcelain painting and photography, creating a lovely and eclectic show. It was a wonderful evening, opened by Linda Roger, the Poet Laureate of the City of Victoria, who recited a beautiful poem written expressly for the event. Also in attendance was Denise Savoie, Federal MLA, Christopher Causton, Mayor of Oak Bay and Pam Copely, Oak Bay Councellor. It was wonderful to have so many politicians out supporting us, and was greatly appreciated. The crowd was enthusiastic about the works on display and a good time was had by all! The picture above is me with two of my paintings, and some attendees who quickly scurried out of the picture before it could be taken. I was laughing and telling them to come back but they were too shy.








Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Stir it up! looks like another successful show, Claire. My hope is that I will be showing my work as successfully as you.

    A note about Share buttons. I don't think you need to remove anything just click transparent in the Nav Bar edit and all will change at once.

    ReplyDelete