Monday, December 20, 2010

Pear Hug

Original Oil on Linen  8 x 8  $95 
Free shipping Canada and US
International orders please contact for shipping quote
Merry Christmas Everyone! I didn't have a Partridge in a Pear Tree so I decided to send a little love and do a Pear Hug. I'm having fun playing with these dark backgrounds, and edges. I liked how the pear on the right was almost completely in shadow. These were extremely red pears, giving it a bit of a Christmas feel. The wooden crate is one of my favorite props. It's a vintage pop crate - "Canada Dry". I'll have to try to get more of it into one of these paintings. Have a wonderful holiday season with your families. Talk to you soon!





Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful reds in these pears, Claire! I like the softness of the edges, too. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rich reds against the dark and how they interweave. Really nice gesture in their stance. Nice title, too! Thanks for the advice on larger paintings---I'll go slow. Just bought a 12 x 12 and 11 x 14 to start a transition, not big big. It is actually the composition part I want to work on, get more air or negative space to pay attention to. Sound advice! Happy Holidays and happy painting in 2011!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Que os sinos do Natal sejam mensageiros de Boas Festas, e que o Ano Novo seja repleto de realizações. Feliz Natal e Próspero Ano Novo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire such a lovely painting!! It gives a warm fuzzy feeling! Beautiful, festive reds and the crate is a wonderful prop. I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for dropping by and taking the time to comment during this very busy season! I hope you all had a wonderful celebration with you loved ones.

    ReplyDelete