Thursday, May 6, 2010

Autumn Glow


Autumn Glow  Oil on Canvas Framed $175

My Plein Air buddies and I have not ventured out so far this year, because it's been sooo cold! We live on Vancouver Island, north of Port Angeles Washington, and it's been very windy as well. Last year at this time, we had been out painting several times, but so far, I'm still painting my landscapes from photos. This is the far end of the beach a few blocks from my home. It's one of our favourite places to walk. The colours on this sunny autumn afternoon, were glowing with warmth from all the wild rosehips growing on the cliffs, and I really enjoyed capturing those colours. This is my second oil painting. I'm having a lot of fun trying to figure things out with this new medium.







 

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment